Patrick Street Clinic has been providing quality medical care to the people of the North West Coast for over 40 years. We are proud to have been trusted and involved in the lives of our rural community for that time.
OUR AIM – Is to provide a caring medical service for all our patients.
OUR Vision – Aspiring to be the best family medical practice on the North West Coast of Tasmania.
OUR Mission – To be recognised by the North West Coast community and Tasmania as a leader in quality health care and service.
We will achieve our goals by:
Providing the best medical care for patients incorporating best practice principals, up to date knowledge and technical advances.
Providing the best service for patients through awareness of individual health and social requirements, respect for the patients as people and confidentiality for any information gained.
Providing the best working conditions for doctors and staff through mutual respect and awareness of individual, personal and social requirements.
In an emergency where medical care and attention is needed it is generally best to…
CONTACT AN AMBULANCE
Patrick Street Clinic is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, with booked appointments to 5pm. During business hours nursing staff are available to triage emergencies. If necessary, the nursing staff will discuss with you whether you need an urgent appointment.
We use the service of GP Assist affter hours, for our patients to enabe them to access with ease information concerning their urgent medical problems.
For information on GP Assit, please refer to GP Assist.
Again, in an emergency where medical care and attention is needed it is generally best to …
CONTACT AN AMBULANCE
- AGPAL Tasmanian Practice of the Year 2009
- R.A.C.G.P. Tasmanian General Practice of the Year in 2006
- Central Coast Business Awards 2005 – Excellence in Professional Service Award Finalist
The medical company that has become the Patrick Street Clinic originated when Dr Lachlan Gollan became Ulverstone’s first resident doctor in around 1920, soon to be joined by Dr Ferris.
This practice was based at what is now Gollan Court in King Edward Street. Dr Trevor Walker joined in about 1946, and following the retirement of the original partners, was joined by Drs. Don and Jean Brick in 1957. Dr Tony Large bought out Dr Walker in 1960 and moved with the Bricks to new premises in King Edward Street that year.
This firm moved to the current location in Patrick Street in 1981. The building underwent a substantial extension in 1999 to improve facilities and enlarge waiting room for greater patient comfort. The project also created an extra consulting room and staff area and reception. Further extensive renovations including another consulting room, theatre, emergency room and treatment room were completed in 2006 creating a modern up-to-date medical facility.
Patrick Street Clinic Penguin opened in March 2008, it has the capacity for 3 Doctors to consult at one time and offers the same services as the Ulverstone clinic. The Penguin clinic is used by a local Psychologist, Podiatist and Child Health Nurse on a casual basis.
Drs John Fisher, Emil Djakic and Stefan Delitzsch
Drs Nerrelie Cann, Lizzie Shires, Christine Barstad, Justin Chipman and Mike Manners,
Drs George Chandler and Nerida Kelly
PGPPP (Prevocational General Practice Placement Program)
Dr Sai Khan Luread more